Thursday, November 19, 2009

Perceptions and Education

I was cruising the web looking over things on Lilith as I often do. I find it very interesting to see what other people have to say and exactly what their viewpoints are. Sometimes I leave comments depending on how gravely I find their information lacking, especially those without citing written material. Today I stumbled upon just one of those sites with a complete history of Lilith from beginning to end. I won't expose the name of the site as that would just be rude; however, the writer several times made comments in correction to the known mythos, translations and interpretations that have been recognized for years by scholars without citing proof for their argument.

The internet has created a space where opinions become written truth. A person merely needs to have an excellent writing ability to appear intelligent. In fact, I don't believe anyone should take anything I write as gospel, check it out for yourself.

Some of the books I emailed the writer of this site with today included the ones I have in my own library:

The Sumerians - C. Leonard Wooley
A God Who Looks like Me - Patricia Lynn Reilly
When God Was a Woman - Merlin Stone
Which Lilith - Enid Dame, Lilly Rivlin, Henney Wenkart
The Dark Moon Lilith in Astrology - Jacobson
The Book of Lilith - Barbara Black Koltuv, Ph.D.
Law Collections from Mesopotamia and Asia Minor - Martha T. Roth

History, law, culture, beliefs, mythos all tie together to make what we know the truth in Diety. Before I begin this blog full on let it be known I will be citing references for everything I can. The only things I cannot do so with would be my own spiritual journey's that I will use to describe in full how my own Dark Goddess appeared to me.

No comments: